BASIC CONCEPTS OF CASE MANAGEMENT
- Clinical expertise and a holistic approach are the vital connections between the individual patient, the provider, the payer and the community.
- Goal is to ensure care is based on evidence.
- Multidisciplinary Practice – incorporated into various settings throughout the continuum of care.
- Break down barriers
- Empower patients to manage health and healthcare
- Contain Costs
- Efficient use of resources
- Early Identification of those at-risk = ’80/20 rule
By: “Deanna Cooper Gillingham RN, CCM” Case Management Institute